At Tony Le Voi we offer a nationally recognised qualification which will give you the opportunity to learn how to diagnose and repair faults on a range of Vauxhall vehicles, as well as carry out routine servicing. Computer technology now plays a key part in today's vehicles and you will use diagnostic equipment as part of your everyday activities.
Programme Content Features:
- Full time employment with a major local brand
- 17 weeks of Instructor Based Training off site, with costs covered by your employer
- Workshop based training, plus Virtual Classroom Training
- Support from a Vauxhall Apprenticeship Development Coach and a Work Place Mentor
- Third-year training that concentrates on the achievement of the MyAcademy Bronze and Silver Certification Curriculum award
Assessment of all Qualified Learners will be made to the Automotive Technician Accreditation (ATA) Awarding Body standards.
Upon successful completion of the full programme, you will have achieved:
- Automotive Technician Accreditation (ATA) Light Vehicle Service Maintenance Technician
- Level 3 Award Automotive Refrigerant Handling
- Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship Framework/Apprenticeship Standards
- Vauxhall MyAcademy Bronze & Silver Level Certification
Year 1 - £3.70 Per Hour - up to age 19
when you reach the age of 19 the pay scales are;
19 - 20 yrs. old - £5.90 Per Hour
21 - 24 yrs. old - £7.38 Per Hour
25+ yrs old - £7.83 Per Hour
This is an opportunity for you to join a team at Tony Le Voi who are passionate in what they do and they believe in working with new recruits to the motor industry to inspire and encourage them.
Once you are qualified this would be a typical Vehicle Technician Job Role
To diagnose, repair and service the range of products in accordance with manufacturer’s work specifications, ensuring each customer receives excellent customer service.
Day-to-day duties - may include
- Through the use of diagnostic equipment and a systematic approach, ensure vehicle faults are diagnosed and rectified. Meet with customers to identify and clearly understand problems as and when required.
- Ensure full understanding of latest technology introduced on the vehicle range and how to diagnose and repair faults on them.
- Carry out diagnosis, repairs and servicing to the highest standards and in line with customers instructions.
- Liaise and seek advice/authorisation from supervisors in situations that are over and above work specified.
- Check level and quality of work through use of diagnostic equipment and road testing vehicles after work has been carried out. Liaise with Service Advisor when required.
- Complete relevant service documentation (Job sheets, PDI’s, service reports) in line with warranty and manufacturer’s requirements.
- Accurately complete job cards, including any written descriptions of faults, found or repairs completed.
- Ensure that safe working practices are adopted at all times.
- Ensure that workshop housekeeping standards are maintained at all times including the use of special and personal tools.
- Ensure vehicles, property and equipment is kept safe, secure and clean at all times. Ensure protective covers etc. are used to maintain customer’s vehicles in a clean condition.
- Work with colleagues to meet business goals and provide excellent customer service.
- Share best practice when appropriate.
A Qualified Vauxhall Apprentice will achieve:
- Apprenticeship Standard Motor Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician (Light Vehicle)
- Vauxhall Maintenance Technician Bronze & Silver Award
- Level 2 Award in Routine Maintenance Activities on Electrically Propelled Vehicles
- Award in Refrigerant Handline for Mobile Air Conditioning Systems
- The Vauxhall Challenge Personal Development Programme
- Emergency First Aid for Appointed Persons