We are looking for enthusiastic driven people to join our Workshop.
As a qualified Vauxhall technician, you would:
- Diagnose vehicle faults
- Specify the correct method of repair and the parts to be used within defined quality standards and in the most cost effective way
- Carry out routine servicing and repairs
- Carry out vehicle servicing in accordance with Vauxhall service schedules
- Record job times manually or electronically
- Make sure parts replaced under warranty are returned to the parts department fully labelled and in a clean condition
- Make sure all parts are ordered from the parts department using the correct procedure
- Stick to good housekeeping practices, including general tidiness in the workshop
- Carry out routine vehicle examinations using hand-held data capture devices, if applicable
- Attend on-road vehicle breakdowns and recoveries
- Carry out vehicle road testing where necessary to determine specific vehicle defects, or following remedial repair
- Fully comply with all health and safety legislation
- Guide other staff as required
- Communicate effectively with colleagues and managers, encouraging teamwork
- Maintain and develop technical skills, as required
- Attend GM Academy training courses as prescribed by Vauxhall.
Competitive pay, pension, life assurance, employee car purchase and repair discount scheme along with relevant job training will be available for the successful candidate.